Anything I write that has to do with writing will be in From Pico's Pen, my author's blog. Everything that doesn't fit any of the sites I write on will be here. This is my practice. I could have kept it private and farmed out the good stuff but I found my readers like too much of it to do that. It isn't a diary because there are things I keep to myself but you can learn a great deal about me from the randomness you will find here.

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Bottle of Wine?



This is one of those mistaken lyrics type situations except it wasn't a song.

I work in a fast food restaurant currently and while performing my duties just outside the drive through station I overheard something along the lines of the following:

"Hi! Welcome to *****. What would you like to order today?"

"I would like the double burger meal."

"Certainly. What size fries would you like?"

"Just the regular size."

"Would you like a bottle of wine with that?"

I'll admit I wasn't paying close attention but that is what I thought I heard. I listened closer and thought I heard several more references to a bottle of wine. I know that isn't what she was saying but I can't figure out what it was she was actually saying instead.

Since we don't have a liquor license and this was the drive through, I found this quite amusing. It's just so wrong. I had to mention this to my coworker Jassi, who laughed her head off over it. One of the managers decided I was just fixated on the need for an alcoholic drink.

When I returned home, I had to share this gem with the boys who work at the same restaurant. Brandon laughed when he heard who was on the drive through. Turns out awhile back, he thought he heard her say the same thing. Brandon doesn't like wine so this mishear isn't just me or my semi-deaf ears.

More Humour From Pico (titles and photo are clickable links to these pages)


Lost in the Translation

Being married to someone with a different first language has led to some amusing moments. Here are my best of the best.






More Conversations With Customer Service

This is a second collection of humour from my time as a call centre agent. I think you can find humour just about anywhere. There is a sidebar link to the first collection when you are visiting this page.





Captain Underwear

This was an epic long distance cycling wardrobe fail on my part. I felt foolish at the time but it is a great story.

2 comments:

  1. We still have no idea. I had thought maybe a bottle of water but we don't usually ask them that.

    ReplyDelete