Anything I write that has to do with writing will be in From Pico's Pen, my author's blog. Everything that doesn't fit any of the sites I write on will be here. This is my practice. I could have kept it private and farmed out the good stuff but I found my readers like too much of it to do that. It isn't a diary because there are things I keep to myself but you can learn a great deal about me from the randomness you will find here.

Wednesday 4 February 2015

I Got My Chainsaw


I couldn't get a good Texas Chainsaw Massacre pose down, so this one'll have to do. Thanks to Brandon for running outside to take this shot for me. I won't be using the saw till later today that's why I'm not wearing all my safety gear. It isn't running either.

Until I actually started using chainsaws, I found them a little intimidating.  Now this machine and I have become good friends. It's been a workhorse this winter. I've gotten considerably better at sharpening the chain too. It only pulls a little to one side now. Considering that I don't have a vice to put it in while I sharpen with just a basic guide, I'm doing pretty good.

I love this machine and am doing my best to take good care of it. Chain gets touched up after every use. I keep the chain oil reservoir full. In fact I'm more likely to run out of fuel while working than I am to run out of chain lube. It sleeps inside with the family. One of the best purchases I've made since moving into the bush.

While I work this song by The Band Perry runs through my head. What can I say? I try to have a good time whatever I'm doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment