Anything I write that has to do with writing will be in From Pico's Pen, my author's blog. Everything that doesn't fit any of the sites I write on will be here. This is my practice. I could have kept it private and farmed out the good stuff but I found my readers like too much of it to do that. It isn't a diary because there are things I keep to myself but you can learn a great deal about me from the randomness you will find here.

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Spotted Owl


One of the great perks of living off the beaten path is the frequent wildlife visits. We're pretty sure this is a picture of a Spotted Owl. They aren't common here but actually seeing one is a rare enough event.

Mieke discovered it sitting in the Silver Maple tree close to our camp, when she got up early to write one morning. She tried to get a picture of it through the window, but between the glass and the plastic storm window, it came out will terrible quality. It did stick around long enough for me to sneak around the house and get close enough to use the zoom for this shot. I tried to get closer yet but scared it off.

I've seen moose, black bear and white-tailed deer back in here but haven't been able to get more than a shot of their prints in the mud on the road. Sooner or later I'll manage other shots of this kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment